7/17/2006

Blech news/good weekend

Well it looks like the world is seriously going to hell in a handbasket these days. There seems to be no end to the ways that people can find to kill other people, mostly in the name of religion. Bah.

Well, in spite of the depressing news from the Middle East, we had a great, if warm, weekend. Sylvie, Jenny, and I putzed around the house most of the time trying to stay cool, and we also made a trip to the pool yesterday for some much-deserved cooling off.

My band let go of our singer, so we're back to being a trio. I'm singing most of the songs, and the drummer, Stuart, is picking up a couple, Phil Collins style. Honestly, I think we'll be able to move much faster now. I've joked with the guys that our first CD has to be called "Glacial Speed." That or we change the name of the band from My Life On Hold to My Band On Hold. :-)

No comments: