2/21/2005

The joys of home ownership

I know you're expecting some home improvement horror story in a blog entry with that kind of title, but I'm actually being totally sincere this time. Tonight we had our friend Julia over for dinner (pizza, as it turns out), and as I sat on our love seat watching her and Jenny converse, I thought to myself, "this is why we bought our house." There is really something awesome about being able to have friends over to your own place. Not some apartment, but your own abode. And on top of that, I got the tub completely unclogged without calling Roto Rooter. SCHWEET!!!!!!

P.S. We had our new carpet installed in the sun room on Saturday...double SCHWEET! (See photo here.)

1 comment:

Gabe said...

it is a great feeling owning your OWN place, huh? i guess that's why they call it "own." ha! ok, bad joke. but seriously, i agree. it's a great feeling and it never gets old. and sending a mortgage payment is a much nicer feeling than paying someone else. i hear the tax benefits are pretty awesome, too (jen and i just finished our taxes to send to our preparer and are hoping for good things).