9/02/2005

Happy birthday to me

Well, it's my 35th birthday today. All in all, I'd say it's been 35 pretty damn good years.

Over the course of my lifetime, I've managed--through luck, good fortune, and the benelovence of countless friends and my amazing family--to do many things that I can look back on with fondness, from moving to Spain to work and live to meeting the love of my life on a beach in San Francisco.

Of course, the best thing to happen so far is currently hanging out with her mommy and patiently waiting for me to get home....

Still, it's the people you meet in your life's journey that make it all special and worthwhile. It's been said to the point of becoming cliché, but by god, it's true.

So here's to all of you, friends, family, my beautiful, wonderful wife and baby. You've made the last 35 years fantastic. I love you all. Every man should be so lucky.

Now if the U.S. could beat Mexico tomorrow, my birthday would be REALLY special.... :-)

3 comments:

Jane said...

We had no idea you were so old! That's OK, you still rawk! Happy birthday, man.

John Radcliff said...

Happy Freaking Birthday! Welcome to the 35 club.

Johnny ARRRRR

MariGerard said...

35...you were 22 when I first met you...when the heck did time start flying? Apparently -when we all started galavanting across this big blue planet, finding our roads and choosing our paths! You've come a long way man...and your not even half way there yet! How awsome is that! : ) Happy Birthday Jose!