6/16/2004

A small job setback

Well, the small publishing firm I had a couple interviews with decided that they didn't want to pay me a living wage, so scratch that one. It's very frustrating though, since they FORCED me to give them my salary requirements up front, then proceeded to waste my time in two hour-and-a-half interviews before telling me that they couldn't match what I wanted (or even be in the ballpark). Why waste everyone's time when you could just tell me from step one that my requirements are too high for their budget? On the bright side, it was good interview practice, at least. Still, it's not like what I'm asking for is outrageous, by any means (according to the Folio magazine salary survey, it's right in line with the industry average for the position). Next....

No comments: